Bishops' House is a half-timbered house in the Norton Lees district of the City of Sheffield, England. It was built c. 1500 and is located on the southern tip of Meersbrook Park. It is one of the three surviving timber-framed houses in the city
© Danny Kaye
Meersbrook Park is located approximately 4 kilometres south of Sheffield city centre, on a side road off the main A61 Chesterfield Road. The Meers Brook, which means 'boundary brook' is a tributary of the River Sheaf and in ancient times this, along with the River Sheaf formed the boundary between the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of Northumbria and Mercia.