Shanghai 44 Jing An Temple

© Dennis Kraft

Caption Details

Shanghai 44 Jing An Temple

Jing An Temple was first built in 247 AD near Suzhou Creek. It was relocated to its current location in 1216. During the cultural revolution it was turned into a plastics factory but returned to its original purpose as a Buddhist temple in 1983. Since that time it has undergone extensive renovations including the construction of a new pagoda. Within the temple is the largest jade Buddha in China at 3.8 metres.

Photo ID #729591

Specifications

Digital Image
Digital Image
2000× 3008 px 3.3 MB ISO 800

Model Release Available: No
Property Release No
Previously Published: 0

Select Up To 5 Keywords For A New Search
China
Shanghai
East Nanjing Road
Temples
Buddhism
Jin An Temple
History
Culture
Architecture
Jade Buddha